The only automated instrument that can identify, quantify, and recover individual rare cells
The System includes the proprietary DEPArray™ cartridge and DEPArray™ analysis platform.
- The DEPArray™ cartridge leverages DEPArray™ technology to control the manipulation and collection of cells. The single-use, microfluidic cartridge contains an array of individually controllable electrodes, each with embedded sensors. This circuitry enables the creation of dielectrophoretic (DEP) cages around cells. After imaging, individual cells of interest are gently moved to specific locations on the cartridge, e.g. for cell-cell interaction studies, or into the holding chamber for isolation and recovery.
- The DEPArray™ analysis platform utilizes high quality, image-based selection to allow identification and isolation of cells of interest on the DEPArray™ cartridge. The automated system uses a six-channel fluorescent microscope and CCD camera to capture images and identify cells demonstrating the desired fluorescence labeling and morphological characteristics. The system optics provide 10x magnification (0.64 micron/pixel) resolution and 20x magnification (0.32 micron/pixel) resolution. CellBrowser™ software allows for multiple parameters from fluorescence and bright field images for cell selection.
The DEPArray™ System can analyze samples containing from one to tens of thousands of cells and is compatible with a wide variety of rare cell suspensions, including live and fixed cells; enriched cells; and samples with small cell loads, such as fine needle aspirates and tissue biopsies.
Pure. Single. Viable.
The DEPArray™ System enables isolation of individual, intact cells, allowing researchers to study the biological significance of rare cells in disease development, progression, and therapeutic response.
- Pure—Image-based selection combined with recovery of cells in a separate, clean buffer solution enables the isolation of specific rare cells from other cell types and from contaminants, cell fragments, and false positives that can confound downstream analysis.
- Single—DEPArray™ technology ensures recovery of individual cells of interest, allowing genomic and expression analysis at the single cell level.
- Viable—DEP capture and movement of cells is gentle, allowing cells to be recovered directly to culture plates.
The DEPArray™ System is unique in combining imaging technologies with the ability to manipulate and recover individual, viable rare cells from a heterogeneous sample. This technology is enabling advances in areas such as oncology research, drug response and fetal cell biology. Learn more about applications of DEPArray™ technology.
Isolation of rare cells on the DEPArray™ System:
To download Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS), please click here and refer to the code: SBMSDS.
More information on the DEPArray System can be found here, otherwise, feel free to contact us with any questions.