PathoNostics PneumoGenius Multiplex KitPN-006
PneumoGenius® is a multiplex real-time PCR assay that detects Pneumocystis jirovecii in respiratory tract samples within 2.5 hours. Pneumocystis jirovecii is a common cause of life-threatening pneumonia in immunocompromised patients. Fast diagnosis and the initiation of appropriate therapy may lead to improved outcome and survival. The PneumoGenius® assay also determines the presence of 2 mutations that are associated with failure of treatment using sulfa-drugs. These mutations are located on codons 55 and 57 of the multi-domain FAS gene, encoding the enzyme dihydropteroate synthase (DHPS).
The PneumoGenius® multiplex PCR assay is suitable for real-time PCR instruments using melting curve analysis, and has been validated on LightCycler 480 (Roche) and Rotor-Gene Q (Qiagen).
PneumoGenius® multiplex kit (PN-600)
- 25 reactions
- Detection of Pneumocystis jirovecii
- Identification of mutations in DHPS
- Pneumocystis jirovecii mtLSU
- Pneumocystis jirovecii DHPS domain of the FAS gene (codons 55 and 57)
- Internal Control
- Bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) samples
- Validated on clinical samples (BAL)
- Validated on PCP EQA programmes (QCMD)
Features & benefits
- Direct detection in BAL samples
- Identification of two prevalent point mutations in the DHPS domain of the FAS gene
- Diagnosis within 2,5 hours after nucleic acid extraction
- Internal Control included
- Positive control included
For Research Use Only.